Who We Are
Advocating for the rights of Marginalized Persons!
Women With A Mission (WWM) is an indegineous human rights non-profitable organisation with its secretariat in Mbale, Eastern Uganda which was established as an NGO to respond to the Gender inequality, Sexual Gender Based Violence, Human Rights Violations and Health related problems against Women and Girls. WWM works to advocate for enforcement of human rights, gender equality and justciability of the rights to health in Uganda and for a supportive legal environment for adoption, implementation and expansion of harm reduction programs. WWM has 5 programmatic areas namely; Enhanced access to justice, Advocacy, Research and Documentation, Community Capacity Enhancement and Strategic Partnerships & Collaboration.
To foster an equity, equality, human rights respecting society for women and girls through legal aid service provision, community capacity enhancement, advocacy, research, and documentation.
A Key player in gender equality and human rights especially in ensuring health systems prevail for women and girls.
- To enhance access to justice through legal aid service provision.
- To strengthen institutional capacity of WWM through policy development and capacity enhancement of staff and the board.
- To undertake advocacy, research and documentation on promotion, respect and protection of human rights, legal and policy reforms.
- To enhance the Capacity of its Community and Key Stakeholders.
- WWM exercises gender equality and equity in all its undertakings.
- WWM is nondiscriminatory in its practice.
- WWM fights for justice for the key populations.
- WWM is efficiency and effectiveness in programming.
- WWM is accountable to both its donors and beneficiaries.
- WWM is an equal opportunity employer.
- WWM values integrity in all its programming.
Finance and Administrative Officer
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Board of Directors
- Chairperson: Annet Tumusiime Museerwa
- Vice Chairperson: Caroline Mutonyi
- Treasurer: Peter Werikhe
- General Secretary: Eddy Nangulu
- Member: Hope Harriet Waseni
- Member: Jane Kizito
- Member: Annet Namugangu
- Member: Elly Taabu
- Ex Officio: Betty Balisalamu